The purpose of this Unit is to provide comprehensive Human Resources (HR) consultancy service to line management and employees on operational human resource management issues, in accordance with HR legislation, policies, processes and procedures.
These will include among others:
UNIZULU strives to attract and retain best talent in the labour market in order to fulfill its strategic mandate. The Unit provides the following recruitment and selection services:
- The review and development of all recruitment, selection and placement policies, procedures, processes and practices of the University.
- The provision of front-line general human resources services to the entire Institution.
- Coordination of the recruitment and selection processes to fill all vacant posts within the University.
- The provision of advice and guidance to Line Managers and employees when a vacancy arises in their sections.
- Managers and employees are requested to contact their relevant Human Resources Business Partners with regards to the process to be followed when filling the vacant post.
For more information download the Recruitment and Selection Policy
The HR Business Partners Unit provides front-line advice and consultation services on employee remuneration and benefits within the Institution in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. Click here for more information on Remuneration and Benefits.
The HR Business Partners Unit provides front-line advice and consultation services on organizational development and transformation programs. Click here for more information on OD and Transformation.
The HR Business Partners Unit provides initial engagement of new employees in order to orientate and integrate them to the University environment. For more information see our Welcome Pack.
New Employee On-boarding Framework:
- The responsible Human Resources Official should send a letter of employment that details a starting date, position, and supervisor and also attach a letter inviting the New Employee to the next Institutional Induction Session.
- The line manager in conjunction with the HR Official must organise for the preparation of office space, equipment and an e-mail address. They must also organise for parking if applicable.
- The line manager should draft the performance agreement which is in line with the job description of the new employee.
- The line manager should schedule meetings with the key stakeholders who will be working with the new staff member.
- During the first day the HR Official must receive and welcome the new staff member at UNIZULU and let the employee sign the relevant documentation.
- The HR Official must give the new employee a welcoming pack that consist of the background of the university, policies and procedures, maps and other relevant information.
- The line manager must introduce the new employee formally to his/her new colleagues and directed to the work station.
- The line manager must discuss the job description, performance agreement and personal development plan.
- During the first week line manager must organise that the employee meet with the Health and Safety Official in order to familiarize him/her with safety regulations.
- During the first week the new employee should meet with the HR Specialists in order for them to explain the rights, obligations and developmental opportunities of the new employee.
- The new employee must be allocated a mentor who will assist him/her to adjust to a new working environment quicker.
- On each quarter new employees should attend a compulsory institutional level induction that is organized by the training and development unit of HR.
- All academic employees should attend an orientation programme organized by the Academic Development Unit.
- This level of induction should be organized by the training and development unit in conjunction with the communications and marketing division.
- Top level management and/or the executives should welcome the new employees and give an overview of the direction UNIZULU is taking.
After the executives have made presentations, the UNIZULU corporate video should be viewed.
- Key support services should put stands to exhibit the functions of their departments to new employees.
For more information download the:
To access your payslip send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive a link to upload info payslip programme and PUK code to access your payslip.
Kindly refer to Policy & Procedure on Probation
Visit intranet and choose HR tab and click on HR policies
Kindly refer to Policy & Procedure on Temporary Deployment of staff
The University offers study bursaries to staff members, their spouses, and/or dependent children, for study at registered public and private higher education institutions in South Africa (for additional information kindly refer to Policy and Procedures on staff study bursaries)
Please follow the link below:
Human Resources Business Partner: Office of the Vice Chancellor, CSIRD, DRAMAIDE and PPO
Mrs. Nondumiso Matikinca
T 035 902 6788
Human Resources Administrator: Office of the Vice Chancellor, CSIRD, DRAMAIDE and PPO
Mr. Welcome Mnguni
T 035 902 6413
Human Resources Business Partner: Faculty of Science and Agriculture, ICT and NGAP
Ms. Mankwele Mangwanatala
T 035 902 6899
Human Resources Administrator: Faculty of Science and Agriculture, ICT and NGAP
Human Resources Business Partner: Faculty of Commerce Administration and Law, Research and Innovation, Library, PSD and Richards Bay Campus
Mr. Ettienne Ferreira
T 035 902 6447
Human Resources Administrator: Faculty of Commerce Administration and Law, Research and Innovation, Library, PSD and Richards Bay Campus
Ms. Lindeni Mthethwa
T 035 902 6987
Human Resources Business Partner: Faculty of Education, Registrars Division, Dean of Students, CMD, Student Residence and Teaching and Learning
Ms. Philisiwe Nhlengethwa
T 035 902 6962
Human Resources Administrator: Faculty of Education, Registrars Division, Dean of Students, CMD, Student Residence and Teaching and Learning
Ms. Ntombifuthi Buthelezi
T 035 902 6406
Human Resources Business Partner: Faculty of Arts, Finance, Human Resources, Institutional Planning and Grant Management Office
Ms. Nolwazi Mdletshe
T 035 902 6445
Human Resources Administrator: Faculty of Arts, Finance, Human Resources, Institutional Planning and Grant Management Office
Ms. Amanda Nduli
T 035 902 6263