The purpose of this Unit is to manage the collection, collation and storage of all Human Resource (HR) data.
These will include among others:
- Compiling and collating of HR reports
- HR system maintenance
- HR projects
The purpose of this Unit is to improve the current UNIZULU HR processes, by introducing and enhancing its IT systems to ensure data compatibility, accountability and data integrity.
This new/enhanced system will include among others:
- Ability to allow both internal and external users to access the applications without downloading any software.
- Ability to inter-phase/integrate with the existing database systems.
- Ability to incorporate automated routing and notifications based on business rules.
- Ability to provide grids for recruitment and various management reports.
The main reason for embarking on the new E-Recruitment project, is to alleviate many of the bottlenecks currently faced within recruiting and would help ensure:
- High levels of accountability and responsibility;
- Clarification of roles;
- Performance measurement;
- Data integratory;
- Probation tracking;
- High levels of risk management; and
- Delegation of functions.
The new system should have the following high level requirements:
- Ability to allow both internal and external users to access the application without downloading any software;
- Ability to interface with the existing ITS data system;
- Ability to incorporate automated routing and notifications based on business rules; and
- Ability to provide grids for recruitment as well as various management reports e.g. establishment reports, movement report, staff turnover, application statistics etc.
The Project consists of various Phases which may run concurrently or separately. The Phases are:
- Negotiate costs with Adapt IT.
- Develop costs centre and financial structure.
- Create Authorisations as per University Financial policy and good practice.
- Database verification.
- Job description.
- Correction/development of appropriate codes, descriptors.
- Probation data and program.
- Performance management program and skills development module.
- Grievance and disciplinary program.
- Database requirements.
- Update current data base.
Development of E-Recruit Software
- Develop and implement recruitment software on an electronic medium to suit and enhance the needs of UNIZULU. Software needs to meet legal requirements and ensure shorter and efficient approval and recruitment processes.
- Implementation and Go-Live.
- Development and agreement of process flows.
- Development of training manuals.
- Training of various staff members.
- Adjust and correct job profiles.
- Review HR policies.